Monday, January 31, 2011

New Family Member

My brother just moved in this weekend, and with him came his cat, Buddy. I love animals, so I am all for having another animal in the house, however, there was some complications.

1. I have a dog who is spoiled, not used to other animals, and is a bit of a wuss.
2. I have an elderly cat, Sophie, who lives happily in the basement.
3. Buddy is a bad ass outdoor cat who could, if he wanted, rip either of them to shreds.

So these 3 things made me a bit nervous to have Buddy in the house. But I'm happy to say that the Louis/Buddy introduction went incredibly smooth, and Sophie is living happily oblivious in the basement.

The complications to come is that Louis and Buddy are both playful animals and want to play with each other. I witnessed an attempted play that went awry. The good news is that nobody was hurt, but now Louis is scared of Buddy and Buddy is skittish around Louis.

I don't want to worry (and believe me, I'm a worrier) every time I leave the house that while I'm gone there will be an animal brawl. So let's all hope that the animals in my house can peacefully coexist.

And take a look at our new family member Buddy.....

1 comment: